Nizam Gate: There are four entrances to the compound of Dargah Sharif.of them the most prominent and grand is “Nizam Gate”at the site of Dargah Bazar. Its construction was started in 1912 and completed in three years. Since it was constructed by Usmani Ali Khan the former nawab of Hyderabad it is also called Usmani Darwaza. It is 70ft. high and 24ft. wide including the double verandahs. The width of its arch is 16ft. There is a Naqqar khana on the Gate.

 

 

 

 

Shajanhi Darwaza: At a little distance from Usmani Darwaz,there is an old door, on top of which is built a Naqqar Knana of royal period .As it was built by Shahjahani in 1047 Hijra, it is known as Darwaza Naqqar Khana-e-Shahjahan Kalima-e-Tayyaba is engraved in bold letters on its arch, so it is also called as Kalimah Darwaza. Inside and outside, the floor is of white marbles. Kalimah Darwaza is the entrance to a courtyard which ends at buland Darwaza .On right side of the yard is Shifakhana and stairs of Akbari Masjid.

Akhbari Masjid: It is a monument of the Akbar’s period. After six months of the birth of Prince Salim (Jahangir), Emperor Akbar visited the Astana-e-Alia in Ajmer and ordered the construction of the mosque.It is made of red stones.The mosque including other adjacent buildings is 140 ft.long and 140 ft. wide The height of its arch is 56 ft.

 

 

 

 

Buland Darwaza: This monument belongs to Sultan Mohammed Khilji. Its height is 85ft. and floor inside is made of white marble. Since it is the highest among all the buildings of Dargah Sharif, it is called as Buland Darwaza.The jhanda (flag)of Urs Sharif is installed on it on 25th of Jamadiul Akhir.

 

Mehfil Khana: The building, positioned in the west of sahan -e-Chiragh was built by Nawab bashiruddaulah on the birth of his son , Nawab Moinuddaulah.The Nawab prayed for a son in Darbar-e-Khawaja .The Almighty blessed him with a son at the age of 80.So he got constructed the building after the birth of his son. Its construction was started in 1306 Hijra and it was completed in 1309 Hijra.It is a aquare shaped building having one of its side of 46ft. During Urs period,”Majlis-e-Sama”are arranged in this building, so it is called Mehfil-Khana (Banquet).

 

 

 

 

Jannati Darwaza: The Jannati Darwaza is situated On the west of the tomb, which has silver coated shutters. It is said that whosoever performs the act of crossing the gate towards the holy tomb, and then, walking along the side of the marble wall, emerges into the open courtyard through the exit door on the south, and then continuously walks to the right reaches the Jannati Darwaza and repeats the performance six times (this gate should be crossed seven times only) is sure to secure a place for himself in heaven. These seven rounds should be at one stretch. Any one irrespective of clan, creed and faith may perform the act of crossing the Darwaza seven times in succession and reap the benefit of the efficacy of the boon.

 

Sahan-e-Chiragh: Next to Buland Darwaza, there is a beautiful hexagon umbrella under which is placed a huge ancient brass lamp. Thus the yard is known as Sahan-e-Chiragh (the candle floor ).

 

 

 

Khanqah: It is in the west and adjacent to the Mehfil Khana. Its entrance is through a door in northen conner of Mehfil Khana. At present,an orphanage is being run in this building.

 

 

Langar Khana: In the eastern side of Sahan-e-Chiragh, there is a chain of small rooms. In the middle of this chain, stands a door , which is the entrance to vast court-yard , and a verandah. One of its door opens in Gali Langar Khana. Two huge iron-cauldrons are installed in the verandah. Salty porridge is coocked in these cauldrons two times daily, in the morning and evening and distributed among the poor. The Langar Khana was built by Emperor Akbar for the poor.

 

 

 

 

Ahata-e-Chambeli: After passing through Sahan-e-Chiragh there are two high doors in the middle of a row of small rooms. One of the door is located in the east. Which is the entrance to compound of Astan-e-Alia from where the Gumbad Sharif can be seen very clearly. On the left, there is a small but very beautiful mosque of white marble, called Aulia Masjid On the right is located Ahata-e-Chambeli where sacred shrines are located. These shrines and their walls are covered with jasmine shrubs.It is said that these shrines belong to holy wives of khawaja Gharib Nawaz (R.A.)

 

 

Shahjahani Masjid: The grand white marbled mosque was built by emperor Shahjahan and it is stood in the west of holy Mazar. It is also called as Jamey Shahjahani.It is 97 yards long and 27 yard wide It has a vast court-yard.The Jannati Darwaza of the holy Mazar is just opposite of the arch of the Masjid. Juma prayers are offered with great religious fervour.It has been a routine since the royal periods that guns are fired four times to announce Juma congregations. First, five minutes before Khutba, second at the time of Khutba, third at the time of prayers and last at the end of Juma Namaz.

 

 

 

 

Begami Dalaan: The main gate of Gumbad Sharif faces the east. A beautiful and grand three side-opened verandah is situated beyond the main gate. It was built by princess Jahan Ara in 1053 Hijra, thus it is called Begami Dalaan

 

 

Aulia Masjid: Aulia Masjid was built at a short distance from Ahata-e-Chambeli and Masjid Sandal Khana in the east. It was built at the place where Khawaja Sahib had offered prayers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sandali Masjid: Just right side of the Holy Mazar sandal Masjid is located. It was built by Sultan Mohammad Khilji. Beside offering prayers, sandal for spreading over Mazar during annual urs is prepared in it (for this practice). So it is called as Sandali Masjid.

 

 

Wazu Khana: It situated in front of Mehfil Khana. It was built by Queen Marry.